Blanchet Farm in Carlton, Oregon which is operated by nonprofit Blanchet House in Portland has been offering a program to men struggling with addiction and homelessness since 1962. Danny Welch has been living at the farm for a year. He’s learned carpentry, worked on his sobriety thanks to therapy pigs and has reconnected with his young son.
- Portland Homelessness Crisis: One Man’s Path Out July 14, 2022
- Cafe Reopens for Indoor Dining April 27, 2022
- Homeless, Houseless, and Unhoused: A Glossary of Terms Used to Talk about Homelessness August 29, 2022
- Heat Relief: Water and Cooling Centers July 29, 2022
- Thanksgiving Volunteer Opportunities and Free Meals October 5, 2022