For emergency shelter or critical services in Portland call 211.
The issue of modern homelessness is complex, to say the least. Most people experiencing homelessness have more than one barrier that needs to be overcome before they can secure long-term housing. Consistent support from many organizations is needed in order to access mental or physical health services, find income assistance, apply for housing, and to navigate the paperwork of various government agencies.
Blanchet House is part of a safety net of services created to help people survive during difficult circumstances. We believe individuals experiencing homelessness first need basic necessities like food and a place to live before being able to get a job, find housing, or address substance use issues. Our meal services provide the strength needed to survive and our housing program provides long-term support to build stability that will take individuals on a journey to permanent housing and health.
We hope these resources help build understanding, alleviate suffering, and lead to solutions.
- Lack of Affordable Housing
- Discrimination (LGBTQ, BIPOC)
- Substance Abuse
- Lack of Mental Health Services
- Understanding Homelessness in America
- Understanding Homeless in Portland (Point-in-Time Survey Data)
- Maslow’s 5 Levels of Human Needs
Resources and Help For People Living Homeless
- Old Town InReach Program (OTIP) Team
- Transition Projects (TPI)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics in Portland and Oregon
- Support & Resources for People Living in Their Vehicles
- Free Public Showers in Portland
- Rent Assistance in Oregon
Addiction and Recovery Resources in Portland
- List of addiction treatment centers in Multnomah County.
- Blanchet Farm (9-month recovery program for men)
- Blanchet House (8-month recovery program for men)
- Recovery meetings and support
- Addiction and Mental Health Support for Veterans
- Easterseals – Housing Services for Veterans
- HereTogether Oregon
- Joint Office of Homeless Services
- Old Town Community Association
- PSU Homeless Research & Action Collaborative