Reports to: Development Director
Hours: 40 hrs./wk.
Wage: $45K, Full Medical and Dental Benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Bonus Pool Available
Blanchet House of Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We value, honor and promote diversity in our employment practices. Minorities encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. In your cover letter, please detail the first steps you would take in evaluating the current Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and how you would go about working to grow the Blanchet House pool of support.
Date Open: Thursday, September 20, 2018 Date Closed: Friday, October 5, 2018
Blanchet (pronounced Blan-shay) House is a nonprofit social service organization dedicated to feeding and offering shelter to those in need of a safe place to be nourished and restored. We offer many critical services but are best known for being the largest feeder of the poor in Oregon. In addition, we operate two clean and sober transitional housing programs for men looking for a place to rebuild their lives. Blanchet House in downtown Portland houses this public feeding program and one of our residential living programs which provide shelter and case management for up to 50 men. Blanchet Farm in Carlton, Oregon offers a transitional living program to 22 men struggling to overcome addiction and workforce development training in our woodshop.
Blanchet House believes we have a responsibility to aid those in greatest need. While we are not affiliated with any religious organizations, our beginnings are deeply rooted in the Catholic community. Blanchet House prides itself in offering a safe, healthy, and productive environment for employees and guests and is deeply committed to promoting, maintaining and preserving a life free of substance dependency.
Since our beginnings in 1952, the Blanchet House of Hospitality offers food, shelter and aid to those in need of a safe place to be nourished and restored. We facilitate the transformation of each life we touch with compassion and dignity.
The Blanchet House of Hospitality expects all employees to uphold and model these organizational values: Excellence, Integrity, Diversity, Respect, Compassion, and Patience.
Blanchet House of Hospitality is seeking a professional who will provide excellent and energetic fundraising support to the development team. Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the administrative and/or operational function of development focused research and relationship management activities. The coordinator supports the operations for prospect management in the development database, creates and processes development related reports, conducts development related research, and examines and analyzes data to support development related activities and strategies.
This individual oversees the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the Development Office to assure the highest standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy. The Development Coordinator provides strategic leadership, as well as long-range and short-term planning, in the areas of gift processing, database integrity, gift acknowledgment, reporting, data analysis and system enhancements. This individual will also actively research and investigate potential individual donors, foundations, and other sources of contributed income prospects and maintain ongoing records of research results. This individual will help schedule, coordinate and facilitate development efforts throughout the organization. This is a full-time year-round position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work collaboratively to set goals and planning strategies with Development Director
· Prepare and submit professional documents including meeting reports, background reports, prospect lists, call notes and other market research information to team members internally and externally to clients.
· Act as a liaison with external and internal constituents to answer questions, address problems and provide solutions.
· Brief staff in preparation for meetings and calls in a timely and professional manner and include all relevant information necessary for a successful meeting.
- Utilize online proprietary databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to quickly retrieve information on foundation, corporate and high-net worth individual prospects and new business leads including contact information, previous Blanchet House communication history and relevant biographical and relational information.
- Proactively gather market intelligence and update associated CRM contact profiles and background reports.
- Use online sources and historical communication records to inform strategies for fundraising and new business opportunities.
- Analyze data and present in a digestible, simplified way.
- Manage all contact records and archive all external communications.
Database Administration – Blanchet House utilizes Salsa CRM and Engage platforms to manage donations and constituents.
· Responsible for oversight of the database and overall data integrity, reports, gift and demographic data entry, prospect management, and overall system upgrades and usage
· Coordinate and collaborate with administrative to ensure that appropriate information is shared among the platforms.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of current database and make recommendations for continual improvement and growth
Gift/Data Entry and Reporting
Responsible for the execution of the gift entry process, coordinating with the Finance and Development Committees regularly
· Produce daily gift deposits
· Print and mail all acknowledgment and pledge reminder documentation
- Develop and produce detailed monthly gift reports
- Receive all returned mail/change of address notifications and enter corrections as appropriate
- Produce and edit all lists and reports for Annual Report
- Produce mailing lists for Development staff.
- Develop complex queries and special reports to aid in the decision-making process related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- Support marketing department to track donation origin and evaluate returns on investment
- Design and produce prospect reports and other reports as needed
- Work with special events coordinator managing event data, ensuring proper receipting and consolidation of data
Management and Leadership Responsibilities:
· Participate in regular management, leadership, and committee meetings as requested by the Development Director. Including, but not limited to, support for the development and volunteer committees.
· Serve as a leader at all times and maintain guest and donor confidentiality while conducting BHH business internally and externally
· Interact at all times in a respectful, friendly way with all BHH stakeholders, including guests, residents, donors, volunteers, partners and other staff members
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education and experience) with a minimum of three year’s relevant experience in database management
- Support of the Blanchet mission and core values
- Experience with Google applications including Gmail, Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Demonstrated advanced skills in using Microsoft Office programs, especially in using the mail merge tool and Excel functions.
- Demonstrated success in detail-oriented work and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to track and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, positively and accurately in person and in writing with all constituents
- Highly organized, detail oriented with ability to be an independent worker and thinker as well as the ability to work and function well in a team environment.