Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Blanchet House!
- Volunteer shifts fill up quickly so please plan ahead.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
- We can only accommodate up to 12 volunteers per meal service. If you have a larger group email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We cannot accommodate court ordered service at this time.
Please click one of the buttons below.
We welcome you to serve meals, plate food or bus tables in our Founders Cafe. Our public dining room is a clean and safe environment where anyone in need of a meal can find one without judgment. We are dedicated to serving all of our guests with dignity and respect.
Requirements for volunteering:
- Must be at least 12 years old to serve food
- Groups must fill out group sign up form
- Sign a waiver and provide emergency contact
We also have volunteer opportunities at Blanchet Farm such as gardening and facilities maintenance.
Long time volunteer, Linda Wabs, explains why she gives back in our Founders Cafe.
Meet Emily Reiling our Volunteer Coordinator and a Jesuit Volunteer/Americorps member. Emily is a recent graduate of Villanova University and new Portland resident. She will spend the next year welcoming, scheduling and training our volunteers.