Note: We are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days so our residents can spend time with their families and rest.
If you would like to volunteer in 2018 we ONLY have breakfast shifts available.
Step 1. Create a volunteer profile. Step 2. Choose breakfast, lunch or dinner from the volunteer calendar.
We welcome you to serve meals, plate food or bus tables in our Founders Cafe. Our public dining room is a clean and safe environment where anyone in need of a meal can find one without judgment. We are dedicated to serving all of our guests with dignity and respect.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
- We can only accommodate up to 12 volunteers per meal service. If you have a larger group email us at email@example.com.
- We cannot accommodate court ordered service at this time.
- Volunteer shifts fill up quickly so please plan ahead.
- We do not allow photos of our meal guests or residents. We respect the privacy of all residents and guests.
- Groups must fill out group sign up form
- All volunteers must sign a waiver and provide emergency contact
Long time volunteer, Linda Wabs, explains why she gives back in our Founders Cafe.
Our Volunteer Coordinator
Meet Emily Reiling our Volunteer Coordinator and a Jesuit Volunteer/Americorps member. Emily is a recent graduate of Villanova University and new Portland resident. She will spend the next year welcoming, scheduling and training our volunteers.
New Volunteer Opportunity!
We need volunteers to sort through bags of donated clothes. Clothing that cannot be used by the men in our programs need to be redistributed to other organizations.
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Choose a volunteer window: 9:00 to 10:00am or 2:00 to 3:00pm Click here to sign up.