Volunteer Health, and Safety Protocols
Volunteer COVID protocols were updated on 5/04/22.
COVID vaccinations are required to volunteer on-site at Blanchet House.
Many members of the Blanchet House community fall into high-risk health categories so we must be cautious to protect them. Please read the following volunteer protocols carefully. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe and healthy.
Volunteers must wear tight-fitting masks covering their mouth and nose at all times. Blanchet House staff will provide specific directions on-site.
Everyone is required to wash their hands thoroughly and wear provided protective gloves.
Out of respect for the people we serve, we ask volunteers to dress in a professional casual manner.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes (NO sandals or flip-flops) and clothing suitable for food service (NO bare shoulders, midriffs, or tank tops).
- Long hair must be tied back.
- Aprons will be provided.
4. Volunteer COVID protocols
- COVID vaccinations are required to volunteer on-site at Blanchet House.
- If you are exhibiting cold or flu symptoms, please do not volunteer until you are well. Seasonal allergy symptoms are okay.
- If you have had direct contact with someone who is COVID positive or if you have traveled or been in a large gathering, you do not need to quarantine unless you are experiencing symptoms.
What to do if you are getting tested for or have tested positive for COVID19
- Stay home until day 6 after symptoms start or a positive Covid test, whichever comes first. Monitor your health carefully if exposed to a positive case.
- If you believe you may have exposed others at Blanchet House, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-241-4340.