The Student Ambassador program was created to better engage students passionate about alleviating suffering amongst homeless and low-income communities.
Ambassadors learn about the causes of homelessness, services available and spread awareness to their communities. We invite boots-on-the-ground professionals to speak to and mentor our ambassadors.
Ambassadors work on individual and group projects that bring awareness to work of Blanchet House, homelessness, available social services and policy affecting the unsheltered community.
- 2 to 3 students from Portland area schools (Freshman to Juniors can apply)
- Ambassadors will commit to attending monthly meetings with the group at Blanchet House
- Responsible for volunteering for four meal shifts with friends and family
- Complete a project from the following categories: Creative, Research or Community Building
- Share their projects by publishing blog posts and sharing on social media.
- Work collaboratively with BH staff and other student ambassadors
Contact Julie (5032414340) at Blanchet House for more information on applying. If you’re ready to apply please fill out the form below.
- April 5, 2019: Applications and recommendations DUE
- May 2019: Selected ambassadors announced
- May 2019: Welcome meeting at Blanchet House
- August 2019: Orientation meeting at Blanchet Farm
- September 2019 t0 May 2020: monthly meetings and project work