Applications are due March 5.
The Blanchet House Student Ambassador Program aims to engage and inspire students to become more involved in their community. Contact Julie (5032414340) at Blanchet House for more information on applying. If you’re ready to apply please fill out the form below.
WHAT IS A STUDENT AMBASSADOR? WHAT WILL THE STUDENT AMBASSADORS DO?
- 6 students from selected Portland area schools (Freshman to Juniors can apply)
- Ambassadors will commit to attending 5 of 7 meetings with the group at Blanchet House or a school (1 meeting a month)
- Responsible for volunteering 4 meal shifts at Blanchet House (Shifts can be altered to accommodate service hour requirements)
- Complete 3 projects from the following categories: Creative, Field Research and Bridge Building
(Students may choose projects from a list of projects compiled by Blanchet staff or pitch their own.)
- Complete 1 event including the planning and execution as a team or small group
- Share their successes and lessons learned by publishing a blog posts and sharing on social media.
- Work collaboratively with BH staff and other student ambassadors
- March 5, 2018: Applications and recommendations DUE
- April 2018: Announce new ambassadors
- May 2018: Welcome meeting
- August 2018: Orientation meeting and project selection
- September 2018 t0 May 2019: monthly meetings and project/event work